Supercompare Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (the ‘Terms’) govern the Supercompare services which is a brand owned and operated by 3 Way Marketing (Pty) Ltd (in these Terms we refer to ourselves as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’).
Supercompare is a lead generation and direct marketing brand that connects people to products and services that adds value to their lives. We do this by partnering with product and services providers, 3rd party providers, as well as marketplaces.
When you subscribe to the Supercompare platform we will bring you the latest deals, specials, promotions and more, in various industries as set out below, and will keep you in touch with some of SA’s most respected and top Financial Services, Insurance, Telecommunications, Recruitment Companies, and more.
The following categories are included in our service offering and include but are not limited to:
- financial services,
- debt management,
- cell phone and data deals,
- job market and work-related opportunities,
- gaming and competitions,
- mobile subscription services,
- lifestyle products and opportunities,
- Mobile Value-Added Services (VAS) – this means products and services that adds value to the standard service offering and can be done over a phone and / or through an application that can be utilised on a user’s phone,
- and so much more.
We will send you, or facilitate the sending of, marketing communications via multiple channels, such as, but not limited to; Automated voice messages, SMS’s, WhatsApp, e-mail and outbound calls from us or our partner call centers, in order to keep you updated and informed on the latest specials, deals and promotions we have on offer. You can check out our Privacy Notice in order to see how we will responsibly use your personal information to achieve this goal.
You can choose to stop hearing from us at any stage, we will always provide you with that opportunity. To Opt-Out or Unsubscribe please see below.
You may also register on the National Do Not Contact List which can be found at www.dmasa.org.
What you need to be aware of:
- Visitors and Customers
- When you are contacted
- Becoming a Customer – Agreeing to our Terms and Services
- Opting Out / Unsubscribing from our Terms and Services
- Changes to the Terms
- No liability
- Our promise to you
- Your Promise to us
- Your Privacy
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Our Information
1. Visitors and Customers
If you have subscribed to our Services, then you are a “customer”.
If you have chosen not to make use of our Services and is just visiting the website, you may browse certain features as a “Visitor”.
You need to read and understand our Terms and Conditions because by becoming our Customer you agree and consent to be bound by them. Should you not agree with the Terms and Conditions please opt-out of the services we provide.
As a Customer of our Services, the collection, use and sharing of your personal information is subject to our Privacy Notice.
You can contact us at any stage at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or worries you might have. We like to receive your feedback so that we can speak to you and improve our services and we love receiving compliments, so keep them coming.
2. When you are contacted
We often contact customers both on our behalf and on behalf of our 3rd Party Provider (for example we would contact you on behalf of a bank or insurance company).
‘3rd Party Provider’ means any one or more third party product or service providers that we will put in touch with you to offer you goods or services that you may be interested in.
By subscribing to Supercompare, you agree and consent that we may transfer your data to 3rd Party Providers for the purpose of marketing relevant deals and offers to you through various social media and electronic communication channels, including but not limited to email, AVM, SMS, Whatsapp or telephone.
We put you in contact with the seller or service provider (which is the service we provide) and do not provide the services or goods ourselves, except where indicated otherwise. You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use these service providers. They have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information so check to see what they do. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, we are not responsible for these service providers or their sites. Please see our Privacy Notice for more.
We don’t provide financial services or loans, except where indicated otherwise. What we do is to put you in contact with registered financial services providers or credit providers.
3. Becoming a Customer – Agreeing to our Terms and Services
There are many ways for you to agree to our Terms and subscribe to the Supercompare services:
- SMS – when you reply to our SMS by typing the word ‘YES’ or where you agree to receive a quote and become a customer;
- Email – when you click on the hyperlink in our email;
- Telephone – when you tell our call centre agent that we can contact you or when you provide your details for a quote or to purchase a product or service;
- Automated Voice Message (AVM) – you opt in when you press the number ‘1’;
- Social media (E.g. Facebook / Twitter) – you opt in by clicking on ‘call me back’ or ‘submit’;
- USSD – when you reply to our USSD messages and provide your information;
- Website – when you click on the ‘subscribe’ link on our Website which can be found here;
- Online form: when you fill in one of our online forms and submit your information;
- Please Call Me (PCM) – when you reply to our please call me message and follow the steps as set out within.
4. Opting Out / Unsubscribing from our Terms and Services.
You can ask us to opt you out of the Supercompare services at any time. There are many ways to do this:
- SMS – you opt out when you reply to our SMS by typing the word ‘STOP’;
- Email – you opt out when you click on the ‘unsubscribe’ hyperlink in our email;
- Telephone – you opt out when you tell our call centre agent to stop contacting you;
- Automated Voice Message (AVM) – you opt out when you press the number ‘9’;
- Website – click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our Website which can be found here;
- Register on the Do Not Contact registry run by the Direct Marketing Association.
Some important things to know about opting out / unsubscribing:
- We will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of our services during any communications we have with you;
- If you opted in to both the Supercompare services and the services of our client, then you will need to unsubscribe from our client’s services directly in the manner set out in their Terms and Conditions. If you are unsure how to do this, you can contact us, and we will help you.
5. Where a credit check is required
To enable our 3rd Party Provider to offer you relevant deals and offers that you might qualify for, it may be necessary for your data to undergo a credit check and go through the process of being scored and/or vetted and that your information may be enriched with credit information by an accredited Credit Bureau. You hereby consent to your information being processed by a 3rd Party Provider and/or Credit Bureau for this purpose.
You hereby consent to Supercompare to access your credit record with credit bureaus for the purpose of ensuring we can bring you deals and specials that are relevant to you. We shall monitor your credit report for any changes that may have an impact on your risk profile or that may allow us to offer you additional products, manage your portfolio and improve our service delivery to you.
6. Changes to the Terms
Changes to the Terms, as well effective date, will always be shown on the top of the page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you familiarise yourself with the changes. If you do not agree with the changes affected, you are welcome to opt-out of the services.
7. No liability
We will not be liable for any obvious error on our Website nor for any failure of this Website.
We simply put you in contact with the seller or service provider (which is the service we provide) and do not provide the services or goods ourselves. As a result, we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies regarding the description of goods or services or an inaccurate or misleading picture or video. You agree that any action for any defect, damage, mistake or misrepresentation will lie exclusively against the seller or service provider and not against us.
If, despite this limitation on liability, we are found to be liable, that liability will be limited to R5000.
8. Our promise to you
Here are some of the promises we make to you when you opt in:
- We will do our best to let you know about services and goods that you might find of interest,
- We will comply with the Direct Marketing Association’s Code of Conduct,
- We will respect any request you make to us to unsubscribe (but you must give us reasonable time for your request to unsubscribe / opt-out to be processed),
- We will abide by South Africa’s laws.
9. Your Promise to us
Here are some of the promises you make to us when you opt in to be a customer:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will not pretend to be someone else
- The personal information you provide will be correct
- You will update your personal information when it changes
- You will comply with all applicable laws
- You will not use our intellectual property or our affiliate’s intellectual property without our / our affiliate’s written permission (this does not apply to non-commercial use)
- You will not post anything defamatory or use malware in any medium (such as on our website or in an email)
10. Your Privacy
If you are our customer or a visitor to our site, then we do collect personal information about you. You can find out more about the personal information we have about you, how we use it and what your rights are, in our privacy notice, which can be found here.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are subject to the laws of South Africa and you agree to the jurisdiction of the Gauteng courts.
12. Our Information
Here are some additional details about us which in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (No. 25 of 2002):